The puree, or fruit “pulp”, is made from Pomegranates picked at maturity that are finely crushed and to which sugar is added (approximately 10%). Pomegranate Purees are used as a substitute for fresh Pomegranates, and offering practicality, time saving, food safety, cost control and consistent quality throughout the year.
Pomegranate Puree Uses
The puree is “ fruit ready for use” which can be used as an ingredient.
· In cocktails, fruit juices, smoothies
· In desserts (fruit mousse, round jellies, mousselines, …)
· In chocolates (fillings) and confectionery (fruit jellies, marshmallows..)
· In ice creams and sorbets
Pomegranate Puree Specification
· The Pomegranate fruit: selection of the best varieties and origins, no blending, purchase once per year at harvest time at a contractually agreed Brix level and comprehensive analysis for pesticide residues on each batch.
· The process: no additives (flavorings, colorings, thickeners…) Control of flash pasteurization temperatures for each fruit.
· The finished product: tasting for each batch produced, guaranteeing a taste and a color identical to fresh Pomegranates well as a dense, smooth and homogeneous texture.
· Storage in the refrigerator: the product can be used immediately, no need to defreeze it in advance, allowing a partial use.
· The quality charter: commitment of the management and all its teams to meet all the requirements of the strictest IFS (higher level) and BRC (grade A) standards and to guarantee food safety. Kosher / Halal certifications.